Welcome to Inspirations School of Performing Arts
Welcome to Inspirations School of Performing Arts, a performing arts and dance school based in Cambourne, Cambridgeshire. Please see our classes below and check out our blog for the latest news
Classes are for children aged from 3-9 years who love dancing they can join in all aspects of performing Arts. Children have the choice to join in with classes they chose or to join in with all three disciplines (Ballet, Tap & Singing) from 8.30-10.45am.
Train Like a Professional
These classes are for those that are really into dancing or just want to do it because they love it. They will get a taste of what stage school life is really like!
If you are wanting to attend audition for stage schools, then these are the classes for you!
For the children that wish to continue ballet & Pointe and tap exams after the young dancer stage then classes will be arranged. All grade exams can be taught and taken through Inspirations Performing Arts School.
Acro dance is an extremely complex style which combines classical dance styles such as ballet with precision acrobatics.
Adults Free Ballet, Tap, & Street Dance
Ballet Technique, Pointe & Stretch Enhance
For teens & adults that are nearly on Pointe or on Pointe.
This class will improve technique, strength and flexibility.
Teacher training courses are available for those that want to go down the dance teaching route either alongside performing or instead of.
Irrespective of culture or ethnicity, it is widely agreed that moving to music is enjoyable for all children. With child & adult obesity on the increase, we can of course appreciate the physical benefits of encouraging everyone to dance. But in addition to helping children burn off excess energy and stay healthy, dance offers numerous other benefits.
Dance will help children to develop body control, co-ordination, balance and spatial awareness. Children also get to experience a range of gross motor movements and fine motor movements. Dance is a way for children to communicate ideas, thoughts and feelings in a non-verbal manner. Dance can also support children’s literacy development as they use their imagination to formulate ideas, characters and narratives.
There are also personal, social and emotional benefits of children dancing from an early age, as they develop friendships, build trust and work as part of a team and encourage children to foster a more positive attitude and explore their own self-expression.
Dance is one of the most creative kids’ activities that will keep your child active, so it can be a great choice for after-school classes. The many benefits of dance and ballet for children are all good reasons for encouraging your child to express themselves through dance.
Why learn to dance?
- There are so many dance forms to choose from, all with their own different style and expression
- Dance is an expression of your personality and a way of exploring who you are
- An excellent way to improve your strength, coordination, stamina and flexibility
- Great cardiovascular exercise; dance regularly and it will help keep your heart fit and keep you trim
- It’s an excellent introduction to other creative activities, such as drama and music
- Working closely with your teacher and other dancers will help you develop your communication and leadership skills
- Dance is a social skill that stays with you for life
- A great way to meet new people and make new friends
- There are lots of ways to develop and you may even wish to take part in our awards scheme to show just how good your dancing has become
- Most importantly of all, it is great fun!
Term dates and prices
Monday 8th January – 26th March – 11 Week term
- The Vine school Acro 15:00-16:00 £71.50
- The Blue school Acro 16:30-17:30 £71.50
- Monkfield Primary school Jazz 15:15-16:15 £66.00
Tuesday 9th January – 27th March – 11 Week term
- The Cricket Pavilion Ballet 17:15-18:30 £71.50
- The Cricket Ballet pointe 18:15-19:15 £71.50
Wednesday 10th January – 28th March – 11 Week term
- The Vine School Musical Theatre 15:00-16:30 £107.25
Friday 5th January – 23rd March – 11 Week term
- Monkfield school Street Dance 15:30-16:30 £66.00
- St. Barnabas Oley School Street Dance 15:30-16:30 £66.00
Saturday 6th January – 24th March – 12 Week term
- The Blue school Leaping Lady Birds – Primary & Stage 1 Classes £72.00
- The Blue school Queen bees – Stage 2 Classes, Intermediate, Cheerleading & Acro £78.00
Kings College School
Tuesday 9th January – 20th March – 10 Week term
- Jazz £70.00
- Street Dance £75.00
Thursday 11th January – 22nd March 10 Week term
- Ballet Rec – Year 2 £70.00
- Ballet Year 3 – Year 4 £75.00
- Ballet Year 5 £75.00
Fees can be paid by cheque, cash or bank transfer.
Tanya Gray, 07714 405 693